Staying active is important at every stage of dementia, but getting out and about isn’t always possible. The Patterson Medical Pedal Exerciser allows low impact exercise from the comfort of the home.
- Great for gentle exercise of arms and legs.
- Can be used from standard seated position in a chair.
- Digital display for tracking sessions and progress.
Regular exercise has many benefits for physical and mental health. Keeping a routine can boost mood, maintain muscle strength and improve balance, but after a certain age vigorous movements and the use of heavy weights are no longer possible without the risk of injury. The Pedal Exerciser has been developed so that an exercise routine can be maintained by less physically able individuals without putting too much stress on their body.
Using the Pedal Exercise requires a simple, intuitive movement that can be enacted from a standard seated position. This means it can simply be placed in front of a loved ones favourite chair and they will be able to exercise right there and then, whenever necessary. Resistance can be adjusted to suit the user, and the digital display on the front means it is easy to monitor progress during a session. Even a few minutes a day can improve appetite and boost wellbeing.
- Folded: 340 x 370 x 190mm (13½ x 14½ x 7½”)
- Operating: 480 x 370 x 270mm (18¾ x 14½ x 10½”)
- Pedal: L100mm x W45mm (4″x1¾”)
- Strap Height: 70mm (max) (2¾”)
- Weight: 2kg (4.4lb)
Instructions For Use
- The product is supplied folded. To unfold, gently pull the legs apart until the spring pins click into place and lock the legs open.
- Check the legs are secure and place the exerciser on the floor in front of your chair at a comfortable distance.
Using the Exerciser:
- From a seated position, place your feet onto the pedals and into the foot straps. Adjust the foot straps as necessary.
Adjusting Pedal Resistance:
- Try a couple of pedal rotations to determine the desired resistance.
- To increase (harder) turn the pedal resistance knob clockwise.
- To decrease (easier) turn the pedal resistance knob anti-clockwise.
Folding the Exerciser:
- Use the pin clip rings (one on each leg) to pull the spring pins out.
- Gently push the legs together to close the exerciser.
Excellent little unit. Bought for 96 year old mother-in-law who has dementia and she quite enjoys doing a little pedalling each day.