These easy to use gadgets can record up to 80 seconds of audio that can be played back with a simple press. The Talking Tiles are an excellent way of setting up personalised reminders around the house to support a loved one, and they can be used in countless ways.
- Easy to use audio reminders – make a recording with the flip of a switch.
- Records up to 80 seconds of audio for personalised messages and reminders.
- Endless applications – record helpful instructions, prompts and directions.
Forgetfulness and cognitive impairment can make living independently challenging in the early stages of dementia. Many of us have received the call asking for help operating a household appliance or finding an everyday essential, and we aren’t always available to give our loved one support. Many families set up their loved ones with personalised reminders and prompts to help them navigate their home better during those moments of confusion. These audio recorders can be used to add a personal touch to reminders, as well as an opportunity to provide more detail when it is necessary.
Whether it’s using the television, medication management or remembering names, there are many different ways the Talking Tiles can help. The removable clear cover means you can add labels and pictures too, and the tiles are wall mountable so you can put them wherever they’re needed. They’re re-recordable, so you could place one by the door as a way of leaving a message for carers and visitors so that you can ensure consistent care and comfort in the later stages of dementia.
- Size: 95 x 95 x 25mm
- Requires 3 x AAA batteries, (not included)
Instructions For Use
Recording a Message:
- Place the Talking Tile face down on a flat surface and move the ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
- Move the REC/PLAY switch to the REC position.
- Press down on the base and a red light will illuminate to indicate that recording has begun.
- Speak clearly into the microphone (next to the audio-in socket) and release the base when you have finished recording.
- Move the REC/PLAY switch to the PLAY position.
- Press down on the base again to hear your message played back to you.
What’s In The Box?
Pack of 6:
- 1x Red, 1x Yellow, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x Black and 1x White
- Record/Play/OFF Switch
- Play Button, (Top Cover)
- Built-in Speaker Built-in Microphone
- AUDIO-IN Socket, (3.5mm), optional use
- Removable clear cover
An extremely good idea to keep a memory from anyone with or without dementia.
These are brilliant. They are easy to record onto and even though my mother-in-law is partially sighted and has Parkinson’s, she can still push the tiles enough to hear us talk. The staff at the care home think they are amazing and want to buy them for all the residents! Each time we visit we record a new message over the last one to say when we will visit again. It was also very easy to put a photograph of each of us onto the top of the tile. Even if my mother-in-law forgets to push them, the carers push them and remind her when we are coming. I can’t recommend these enough.